Hunted On CBS: What Are The Rules? [Updated]| February 26, 2017 at 7:45 PM EDT
Hunted On CBS starts soon so it’s time to brush up on how the game works and just what are the rules of Hunted. We’ve got your run through of the top items each of the nine pairs of evaders must follow.
The basis of the game here is for 18 “ordinary” people to pair up and start running. These pairs will be between friends, family, etc. so there shouldn’t be too many growing pains on that front. The real challenge here is to evade capture for 28 days. Here’s what will restrict their moves.
“Hunted” TV Show Rules on CBS:
- Fugitives must stay within a 100,000 square mile “Hunt Zone.” This will be set in the southeast.
- Fugitives will be given a one hour head start before the Hunters are alerted.
- Fugitives are provided limited funds ($500 in $100 bursts on an ATM card).
- Command Center is given only a name, photo, and last known location.
- Fugitives that evade capture for 28 days win $250,000 per team.
- Capture requires physical contact between the Hunters and Hunted.
That’s all CBS gives us in their latest release but those few items will only be the start of what we find out. I’d like to know what happens if the Hunters catch one but not both of the teammates. Is that team out? If not and the other member makes it to the 28 day mark does that team get the full $250K? Lots left to learn.
Update: More rules have been revealed that give a lot of insight to what’s been going on. CBS didn’t reveal these rules, the contestants did. In an interview with B98.5 (via Reality Blurred) David & Emiley shared new information about the way they had to play the game and how the producers could thwart their efforts. Interesting additions to the Hunted rules list with these.
- Fugitives must move every 48 hours and travel at least 5 miles.
- Fugitives can not return to the same spot more than once or use the same resource/person more than once.
- Fugitives must access the ATM at least twice and it can’t be in the same day.
- Fugitives can not receive money.
Moving every two days explains why teams weren’t bunkering down and staying in a golden spot and it makes sense for progress and opportunity for the Hunters. Using the ATM twice is crummy since they film that content and ship it off to the Hunters. It’s a gimme for them to come find you. The real bad one though is the last rule David & Emiley revealed, as noted by Reality Blurred:
- Producers “can create a rule or take away a rule at any point in time.”
Wow. So if you’re doing too well at winning then the producers can “fix” that right away. They should be setting rules and sticking to them. Change the rules between seasons but don’t move the goal post to help yourself win. Not like the Fugitives get to change the rules when things aren’t going their way. Shameful.
During the season finale we discovered the rules for the getaway to officially win Hunted.
How To Win Hunted:
- 2 Days left: login to a website for bank & airport information
- Day 28: drive to bank, withdraw $250K, and move on foot (no car allowed) to designated airport
- Escape by air before being apprehended. Hunters are notified of the bank location at time of withdraw.
You can keep track of who was caught on Hunted with one team being captured each episode so far. Will your favorite team make it to the end?
Join us for the new series and its first season. We’ll be here covering the show and seeing what to make of CBS & Endemol’s latest UK import. Fingers crossed for a fun season.